Computer Science and Engineering
- Neural networks: self-organizing maps, pulsed neural networks.
- Influence of feature co-occurrence statistics (from natural images) in cortical structure and functional performance.
- Computational neuroscience: cortical modeling with neural networks.
- Human visual perception and computer vision: role of visual analogies in visual perception, and symbol grounding.
- Neural basis of analogical processing.
- The role of action and imitation in perception and concept formation.
- More generally, artificial intelligence and cognitive science
- Longer (and older) research description